We left Friday morning and drove to Tulsa and had a day of shopping! We then drove to Grand Lake and stayed the night at the lake house. We figured this was almost 1/2 way and it would break up the drive for us. We left early Saturday morning and drove the last half of the trip. Let me just tell you, if you have not been through this side of Missouri, it is just beautiful! The trees were just starting to change colors and we drove through some of the Ozarks! We had thought about stopping several places on the way up there... outlet malls, Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, but we were just too excited to get there we skipped out. We ate at a yummy pizza place called Shakespeare Pizza that was recommended to us. We walked all around their downtown area and I was so excited to get to visit the Candy Factory. Most of you that read this, know that one of my friends from Baylor is from Columbia and his parents own the Candy Factory. We then toured all through the campus and then headed to the OSU road rally before the game.
I should probably tell you I wasn't sure how the game was really going to turn out. Of course I wanted OSU to win, but I knew Missouri was a good team! We had a blast at the game and in some ways were shocked after it was over that we had won! Don't worry, I did keep track of the Baylor/Iowa State game. They had a score board inside the stadium that kept us up to date on other football games! I was very excited my Bears won too. Look carefully at the picture with the scoreboard...You can see Baylor's final score on the left!
This next weekend is going to be a big weekend for our household! OSU has their homecoming this weekend and guess who they play...OSU!! I am already getting a little stressed about it, but I am trying to be optimistic. OSU just beat the then #5 team in the nation and its their homecoming. They are going to be pumped, but Baylor has a lot to be pumped about too! Adam and Cass get to come home and go to the game and I am excited to see them this weekend!!

1 comment:
It looks like you had a blast!! Did you get to see John's parents? I love the pics!!
Post a Comment